Women owned farms on the rise
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The number of women farmers is quickly approaching a million.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says women account for nearly one-third of American farmers. And a new study, released this week, shows the number of women-owned farms has more than doubled in a 25-year span.
The number of women who are either primary or secondary operators of farms will soon reach one million.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004