Americans eating more blueberries
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- US consumption of blueberries has more than doubled in just 16 years.
The Blueberry Council says Americans now buy more than 853-million pounds of blueberries -- a five percent increase in year-over-year production.
Industry officials say greater availability as well as being considered a "super-food" have contributed to the increase.
ag report, blueberry, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos