Americans eating more blueberries
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- US consumption of blueberries has more than doubled in just 16 years.
The Blueberry Council says Americans now buy more than 853-million pounds of blueberries -- a five percent increase in year-over-year production.
Industry officials say greater availability as well as being considered a "super-food" have contributed to the increase.
ag report, blueberry, ag watch
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos