Springs Fire causes damage to SoCal growers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Springs Fire in Southern California caused some damage for growers in the area.
The Ventura County Agricultural Commissioner reports hundreds of acres of berries were damaged by the blaze. The fire also damaged hundreds of avocado trees, several irrigation systems and hoop houses.
Health officials returned to the site of the fire over the weekend and cleared the farm of any hazards.
ag report, avocado, ag watch
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 19 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos