California cherry harvest begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California cherries are expected to peak early this season.
Harvest began late last month near Bakersfield and has spread north to Fresno, Lodi and Stockton.
Farmers say besides some wind and light rain, weather has been good and the quality has been great. However, they say their biggest issue is that up to 80-percent of the volume will be available in May, and it's expected to go down in June.
ag report, cherry, bakersfield, fresno, fresno county, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos