Strawberries take top crop in San Luis Obispo County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Strawberries are gaining on wine grapes in one part of the state.
The San Luis Obispo County Crop Report for 2011 shows strawberries eclipsed wine grapes as the county's top crop. That was the first time that's ever happened. Some thought that was going to be an exception since a severe frost reduced wine grape production that year. However, the crop report for 2012 shows strawberries are still ahead of wine grapes.
ag report, strawberry, grape - wine, ag watch
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident