New citrus fruit developed at UC Riverside
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Researchers with UC Riverside have announced the new hybrid called "The Valentine." It's part pummelo, part mandarin, and part ruby hybrid.
So why "The Valentine"? Researchers say it's because it resembles a red heart when it's cut and turned upside down.
The new fruit is expected to reach store shelves next winter.
ag report, citrus, ag watch
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos