New citrus fruit developed at UC Riverside
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Researchers with UC Riverside have announced the new hybrid called "The Valentine." It's part pummelo, part mandarin, and part ruby hybrid.
So why "The Valentine"? Researchers say it's because it resembles a red heart when it's cut and turned upside down.
The new fruit is expected to reach store shelves next winter.
ag report, citrus, ag watch
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list 12 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints