USDA and EPA aim to reduce food waste
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of companies all over the United States are taking part in an effort to reduce food waste.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protection Agency have developed the "U.S. food waste challenge." The program aims to reduce, recover and recycle food waste.
The different ways to do this include researching new composting techniques, as well as increasing the amount of food that can be donated, instead of discarded.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 16 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 33 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes