USDA and EPA aim to reduce food waste
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of companies all over the United States are taking part in an effort to reduce food waste.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protection Agency have developed the "U.S. food waste challenge." The program aims to reduce, recover and recycle food waste.
The different ways to do this include researching new composting techniques, as well as increasing the amount of food that can be donated, instead of discarded.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag watch
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno