June 12 AM Live Ag Report
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A victory for raisin growers in California
The Supreme Court is giving growers the chance to object to a controversial government program. That program aims to stabilize prices by regulating the market.
Sometimes the government can raise prices of raisins by keeping some off the market. Farmers say the program is unconstitutional because it unfairly prevents them from selling their entire crop. A Federal Court of Appeals in California will look into the issue.
A big year for hass avocados.
New numbers show sales and distribution of hass avocados dominated the market last year. In fact, hass avocados represent more than 90 percent of the entire retail category. Coming in at a far second were greenskins avocados with about five percent of total sales.
ag report, ag watch
- Shooting reported at federal courthouse in Utah 18 min ago
- One person killed in Fresno County crash
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter