June 12 AM Live Ag Report
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A victory for raisin growers in California
The Supreme Court is giving growers the chance to object to a controversial government program. That program aims to stabilize prices by regulating the market.
Sometimes the government can raise prices of raisins by keeping some off the market. Farmers say the program is unconstitutional because it unfairly prevents them from selling their entire crop. A Federal Court of Appeals in California will look into the issue.
A big year for hass avocados.
New numbers show sales and distribution of hass avocados dominated the market last year. In fact, hass avocados represent more than 90 percent of the entire retail category. Coming in at a far second were greenskins avocados with about five percent of total sales.
ag report, ag watch
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
8 min ago