Honey flavor wheel being developed in Davis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Honey, just like wine, has diverse flavor notes.
In order to help consumers identify those flavors, an institute in Davis will develop a honey tasting and aroma wheel.
Researchers say the tool will describe the different factors that influence honey. For example, if a bee pulls nectar from a citrus blossom, the honey will have a fruity flavor.
The California Bountiful Foundation and U.C. Davis have already made donations to the project.
ag report, honey, ag watch
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 7 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"