Researchers study berry flavor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- University of California researchers are trying to figure out how water affects the flavor of berries.
They are conducting trials to determine if different levels of irrigation can actually change berry flavor. They are currently growing berries, giving them different amounts of water, and asking people to rate their flavor.
Researchers are also looking into whether changes in irrigation levels alter the sugar and anti-oxidant levels in strawberries.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 46 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors 59 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno