Researchers study berry flavor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- University of California researchers are trying to figure out how water affects the flavor of berries.
They are conducting trials to determine if different levels of irrigation can actually change berry flavor. They are currently growing berries, giving them different amounts of water, and asking people to rate their flavor.
Researchers are also looking into whether changes in irrigation levels alter the sugar and anti-oxidant levels in strawberries.
ag report, strawberry, ag watch
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe