Farmers Markets contribute to fittest cities index
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four California communities rank among the nation's "fittest cities" -- in part due to the fresh produce.
The New American Fitness index says the number of farmers markets per capita was a factor for all four areas. They are the San Francisco Bay, Sacramento, San Jose and San Diego.
Each community scored well because of the percentage of people who eat five or more daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
ag report, farmers market, ag watch
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 58 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting 26 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos