Fresh produce sales increase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sales of fresh produce went up in the first quarter of the year.
A new report shows a nearly eight percent increase for fruits. Vegetables were a close second with an increase of nearly six percent.
Officials say a hike in retail prices led to the increase in dollar sales for produce departments.
ag report, ag watch
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe