Fresh produce sales increase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sales of fresh produce went up in the first quarter of the year.
A new report shows a nearly eight percent increase for fruits. Vegetables were a close second with an increase of nearly six percent.
Officials say a hike in retail prices led to the increase in dollar sales for produce departments.
ag report, ag watch
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car 54 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Surviving the mall's food court 40 min ago
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Consumer Watch: Surviving the mall's food...
47 min ago
- Freeze takes toll on Valley's $1.5 billion...
37 min ago