Fresno fig company to install solar power array
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley Fig Growers has announced it will spend more than a million dollars on solar power.
The Fresno-based company says it will install a $1.4 million solar array that will generate 60-percent of its power.
Construction of the project will get underway this month with a 100-day planned build out.
"Valley Fig Growers" has been around since 1959 and is the largest handler of figs in North America.
ag report, figs, energy, environment, ag watch
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops 26 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Central Valley farmers see minimal damage...
31 min ago