It's National Farmers Market Week!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California has more reasons to celebrate than anyone else.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says there are currently 759 farmers markets in California. That's the more than any other state in the country.
Officials say farmers markets are getting so popular, that the total number nationwide has gone up 60-percent in just the past five years.
ag report, farmers market, ag watch
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem