Fruit fly quarantine declared in Southern California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pest is causing headaches for farmers in Southern California.
A quarantine for the oriental fruit fly has now been declared in the Anaheim area of Orange County. The same goes for the Artesia-Cerritos area of Los Angeles County.
Officials say they've found multiple adult flies and larvae in the quarantine zone. Fruit flies can damage fruit and vegetables, making them unfit for consumption.
ag report, ag watch
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos