Apple season is off to a quick start
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Growers say picking of Gala Apples began more than a week earlier than usual, and they're anticipating the case will be the same with later-season varieties.
Growers say a big reason for the quick start is the warm weather in the San Joaquin Valley, which is where many apples are grown. Growers also say the color and quality of the apples are good, but they have noticed a drop in size.
ag report, apple, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos