India will soon begin importing walnuts from California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- India already imports 10-percent of California's almond crop. Now India has given the green light to imports of American walnuts.
That is good news for state agriculture since California grows about half a million tons of walnuts a year.
Walnuts are the state's fourth major farm export, accounting for a little more than a billion dollars for the state's economy.
ag report, walnuts, india, ag watch
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos