India will soon begin importing walnuts from California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- India already imports 10-percent of California's almond crop. Now India has given the green light to imports of American walnuts.
That is good news for state agriculture since California grows about half a million tons of walnuts a year.
Walnuts are the state's fourth major farm export, accounting for a little more than a billion dollars for the state's economy.
ag report, walnuts, india, ag watch
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
51 min ago