India will soon begin importing walnuts from California
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- India already imports 10-percent of California's almond crop. Now India has given the green light to imports of American walnuts.
That is good news for state agriculture since California grows about half a million tons of walnuts a year.
Walnuts are the state's fourth major farm export, accounting for a little more than a billion dollars for the state's economy.
ag report, walnuts, india, ag watch
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos