Gerawan Farming political ad causes controversy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A controversy is brewing in Sacramento because of an advertising campaign paid for by a major Valley farming company.
The ad attacks Senate bill 25, which would require farm workers to be part of the United Farm Workers of America. But those in favor of the bill say the ad is misleading because it uses a person with an accent speaking against the bill.
The company behind the ad is Gerawan Farming of Fresno.
Officials say it's unfair to force farm workers to join unions and are calling on state law makers to strike down the legislation.
The bill is up for a vote in the assembly over the next four weeks.
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years