California reports highest average corn yield in the United States
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California is currently leading the country with the highest reported average yield for corn.
Although it's still early in the season, California corn growers are averaging about 240 bushels per acre -- and in Tulare County, that number is even higher at 262 bushels per acre.
Growers say those averages are significantly higher than other parts of the country which only average about 158 bushels per acre.
ag report, corn, tulare county, ag watch
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses 54 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 12 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 7 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
8 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
25 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos