California olive harvest begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Farmers are reporting mixed results as the olive harvest gets underway.
Growers in Central California are reporting heavier crops this year. However, farmers in Northern California say their olive crops have been smaller. They are also reporting problems hiring enough people to harvest their olives.
Table olives are picked by hand. but farmers say in some cases they've been working with crews that have about half as many people as usual.
ag report, olive, ag watch
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76