California olive harvest begins
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Farmers are reporting mixed results as the olive harvest gets underway.
Growers in Central California are reporting heavier crops this year. However, farmers in Northern California say their olive crops have been smaller. They are also reporting problems hiring enough people to harvest their olives.
Table olives are picked by hand. but farmers say in some cases they've been working with crews that have about half as many people as usual.
ag report, olive, ag watch
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 3 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 45 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos