Government shutdown affects California farmers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California farmers and growers say they're feeling the affects of the partial government shutdown.
Government agencies have suspended timber harvests in National Forests, and stopped market reports. Now, farmers say they will see delays in conservation and marketing programs -- among other services.
Farm groups say the impact on California farmers could be greater depending on how long the shutdown lasts.
ag report, united states department of agriculture, ag program, ag watch
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 56 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos