California leads in consumption of fruits and vegetables
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- California is leading the country in consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
The Centers for Disease control and prevention released a report rating produce consumption by states.
Officials say California came in first followed by the District of Columbia and Connecticut.
The states for lowest fruit consumption were Mississippi and Oklahoma. Officials say the report is important to learn how accessible healthy foods are to people in certain states.
ag report, ag watch
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 23 min ago
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person detained 19 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 43 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person...
19 min ago