California sparkling wine grape sales increase at end of year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Millions of people will ring in the New Year with bubbly made from California wine grapes.
Last year California's share of the US market for sparkling wine was 51 percent by volume. Those numbers are expected to repeat this time around. Experts say champagne and sparkling wine represents a small share of overall US wine sales.
However, they are big sellers during the last quarter of the year. That is when 40 percent of purchases of sparkling wine take place in the US.
ag report, grape - wine, ag watch
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 2 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos