Help for farmers and farmworkers impacted by the drought
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Department of Agriculture is holding a meeting to help farmers and farmworkers impacted by the drought sign up for much-needed relief programs.
It's one of several meetings around the state hosted by the US Department of Ag, and the California Department of Food and Ag.
The application deadlines are fast-approaching. Information will be provided on state and federal programs, designed to assist farmers with things like water conservation and crop insurance.
Information on farmworker assistance programs will also be available.
The meeting will be held at the Fresno County Farm Bureau, and it begins at 6pm.
ag report, california water, drought, ag watch
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote 14 min ago
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago