Tiny Toy Gun Gets Boy Suspended
PORTLAND, Ore. (KFSN) -- A four inch long toy gun has landed a little boy in big trouble. The eight year old took the gun to his school in Portland, Oregon.
It came with a GI Joe action figure he got for Christmas. When school officials discovered the toy gun, they suspended him for a day. They've also put a note into the boy's permanent file. Now his father says the school is going too far.
"I think it's a huge over-reaction, I mean, come on, it's not .. it's obviously not a real weapon, I mean, yeah.. I mean like I said before, if it was, you know, look like real weapon, I can understand, but common, I mean eh .. I fail to believe that that could be actually perceived as a real weapon," said Aron Anderson, a parent.
The Portland public school district says the punishment for the eight year old fits because the toy -- no matter how small -- is a simulated weapon.
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 24 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos