Cell Phone Stops Bullet
OHIO (KFSN) -- It wasn't a bible-- but a Blackberry that an Ohio woman says saved her life from a bullet.
Police say the 22-year old woman was sitting at a restaurant -- while her boyfriend was playing with his handgun.
When he tried to put the gun in his coat -- it went off, shooting his girlfriend in the leg.
Luckily, she had her blackberry in her pocket -- which stopped the bullet.
She was left with a pair of torn jeans, and a busted phone -- but police say she was lucky to escape with her life.
"Very lucky for her is that in her pants pocket, or jeans pocket, she had her Blackberry. And the Blackberry stopped the bullet," said Capt. Carl Bush, Ohio Police Dept.
The woman escaped danger but her boyfriend is in trouble.
He faces a third-degree felony for bringing a gun into a place that serves liquor.
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos