Man takes bullet to head, finds it five years later
HERNE, Germany (KFSN) -- It took a man in Germany five years to realize he was walking around with a bullet lodged in his head.
Robert Chojecki, 35, is recovering from surgery to remove it.
Police say he was hit by the stray 22-caliber bullet during a New Year's Eve celebration.
Chojecki says he thought he had bumped his head or was hurt by a firecracker.
He says he began to get headaches a year ago, and only went to the doctor recently.
Since the bullet had not penetrated his skull, doctors say it was not life-threatening and that he could have gone a few more years without having it removed.
shooting, germany, bizarre
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos