Man takes bullet to head, finds it five years later
HERNE, Germany (KFSN) -- It took a man in Germany five years to realize he was walking around with a bullet lodged in his head.
Robert Chojecki, 35, is recovering from surgery to remove it.
Police say he was hit by the stray 22-caliber bullet during a New Year's Eve celebration.
Chojecki says he thought he had bumped his head or was hurt by a firecracker.
He says he began to get headaches a year ago, and only went to the doctor recently.
Since the bullet had not penetrated his skull, doctors say it was not life-threatening and that he could have gone a few more years without having it removed.
shooting, germany, bizarre
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach 56 min ago
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner 31 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 8 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 30 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos