IL candidate name misspelled as 'Rich Whitey'
CHICAGO (KFSN) -- A candidate for governor in Illinois was mistakenly listed as "Rich Whitey" instead of Rich Whitney on thousands of Chicago electronic-voting machines.
Possibly making matters worse, about half the wrong ballots are in African-American neighborhoods.
His name is actually Rich Whitney. He's the Green Party candidate for governor.
But on 500 electronic voting machines, the "N" was left off on the page where voters review their picks.
The elections board says the problem will be fixed, but several thousand ballots have already been cast.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe