IL candidate name misspelled as 'Rich Whitey'
CHICAGO (KFSN) -- A candidate for governor in Illinois was mistakenly listed as "Rich Whitey" instead of Rich Whitney on thousands of Chicago electronic-voting machines.
Possibly making matters worse, about half the wrong ballots are in African-American neighborhoods.
His name is actually Rich Whitney. He's the Green Party candidate for governor.
But on 500 electronic voting machines, the "N" was left off on the page where voters review their picks.
The elections board says the problem will be fixed, but several thousand ballots have already been cast.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends 13 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos