IL candidate name misspelled as 'Rich Whitey'
CHICAGO (KFSN) -- A candidate for governor in Illinois was mistakenly listed as "Rich Whitey" instead of Rich Whitney on thousands of Chicago electronic-voting machines.
Possibly making matters worse, about half the wrong ballots are in African-American neighborhoods.
His name is actually Rich Whitney. He's the Green Party candidate for governor.
But on 500 electronic voting machines, the "N" was left off on the page where voters review their picks.
The elections board says the problem will be fixed, but several thousand ballots have already been cast.
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos