Texting woman falls in fountain, lawsuit, security guard fired
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Earlier this week ABC30 showed you the video of Cathy Cruz Marrero walking right into a mall fountain as she sent a text message.
Marrero has hired a lawyer and says she plans to sue the mall. She claims she could have been seriously hurt and that the security guards should have helped instead of laugh. Thursday, the security guard responsible for leaking the video was fired.
Here's what some of our Facebook followers are saying about the lawsuit.
Jennifer: "I guess they need to put gates around fountains now with a warning not to text while walking."
Patricia: "It was wrong for the mall security not to check on her. And it was wrong of them to use mall video. They should lose their jobs, but that's it. She should not get any money."
Art: "She was texting and she paid no attention to anything other than her phone. I don't know how the mall or anyone else is to blame for that."
caught on tape, bizarre
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 12 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course 40 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos