Texting woman falls into a fountain of legal hot water
The Pennsylvania woman, who made a splash on YouTube after falling into a mall fountain, has fallen into some legal hot water now.
Just a few hours after Cathy Cruz Marrero appeared on "Good Morning America" to talk about her stumble, the 49-year-old appeared in court for a hearing on five felony counts.
The charges include theft by deception and receiving stolen goods. For allegedly using a co-worker's credit cards to buy thousands of dollars of merchandise and jewelry.
The surveillance video of Marrero has racked up more than two million views on YouTube, and close to two-hundred thousand hits on abc30.com.
The security guard responsible for leaking the video has since been fired. Marrero and her lawyer are pursuing legal action against the mall.
caught on tape, bizarre
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos