Texting woman falls into a fountain of legal hot water
The Pennsylvania woman, who made a splash on YouTube after falling into a mall fountain, has fallen into some legal hot water now.
Just a few hours after Cathy Cruz Marrero appeared on "Good Morning America" to talk about her stumble, the 49-year-old appeared in court for a hearing on five felony counts.
The charges include theft by deception and receiving stolen goods. For allegedly using a co-worker's credit cards to buy thousands of dollars of merchandise and jewelry.
The surveillance video of Marrero has racked up more than two million views on YouTube, and close to two-hundred thousand hits on abc30.com.
The security guard responsible for leaking the video has since been fired. Marrero and her lawyer are pursuing legal action against the mall.
caught on tape, bizarre
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years