Texting woman falls into a fountain of legal hot water
The Pennsylvania woman, who made a splash on YouTube after falling into a mall fountain, has fallen into some legal hot water now.
Just a few hours after Cathy Cruz Marrero appeared on "Good Morning America" to talk about her stumble, the 49-year-old appeared in court for a hearing on five felony counts.
The charges include theft by deception and receiving stolen goods. For allegedly using a co-worker's credit cards to buy thousands of dollars of merchandise and jewelry.
The surveillance video of Marrero has racked up more than two million views on YouTube, and close to two-hundred thousand hits on abc30.com.
The security guard responsible for leaking the video has since been fired. Marrero and her lawyer are pursuing legal action against the mall.
caught on tape, bizarre
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case