Wrong-way elderly driver wreaks havoc on a SoCal freeway
FRESNO, California -- A terrifying scene was caught on tape on a southern California freeway as a truck drives on the wrong side of the road.
The driver of the white pick-up was driving the wrong way on Interstate Five near San Diego.
A passenger in a car on the other side of the freeway had just started recording on his cell phone, when the truck hit a piece of concrete on the center divider, head-on.
The pick-up spun into traffic lanes, where it caused another four cars to crash.
Traffic on I-5 was closed for about two hours. Remarkably no one was seriously hurt.
The 83-year-old driver was cited for driving the wrong way and driving with a suspended license.
Investigators said he appeared to have been confused and couldn't explain how he ended up driving against traffic.
san diego, caught on tape, bizarre
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos