Puppy trapped under car rescued in Fla.
MIAMI (KFSN) -- A puppy needed help after getting caught in a very tight spot under a car in hot temperatures in Miami on Monday.
The puppy had crawled under a car, only to get stuck beneath the engine. Neighbors called 911 after hearing whining.
Rescuers said the puppy's paw was wrenched between some pumps under the car's engine block, and it could not move. Firefighters used a carjack to raise the vehicle, and then pulled the dog out.
It's unknown how long the dog was stuck under the car, but it was hot out, and rescuers say he was dehydrated.
Animal control is now trying to find the puppy's owner.
animal news, caught on tape, bizarre
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case