NC Deputies: Man left pants, license at crime scene
FAYETTEVILLE, NC -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office says a man accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of copper piping left behind a big clue.
Deputies say they found the pants and driver's license of 19-year old Elmer Leon Spears, Jr. of 1429 McArthur Road, at the scene of the crime.
The piping was taken from a utility closet at a residence in the 67 hundred block of Agnes Scott Court in Fayetteville.
Spears is charged with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny, and felony possession of stolen goods.
Bond was set at $70,000.
north carolina, bizarre
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 35 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered