UK schools ban Santa Claus volunteers
A holiday tradition is being scaled down for some children in the UK.
Teachers there have banned Saint Nick from coming into contact with kids during school events.
The Telegraph newspaper is reporting British schools cannot subject volunteers to criminal background checks, which includes those playing Father Christmas.
Because of that, many schools are choosing not to allow Kris Kringle to hoist children up on his lap to ask them about their Christmas wishes or even take pictures with him.
Do you worry about your kids' safety when they visit Santa? Let us know on our Facebook page.
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
united kingdom, christmas, bizarre
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos