4th grader suspended for calling teacher cute
Officials at a North Carolina Elementary School suspended a fourth grader after he called his teacher cute.
"I was talking to my friend and I said "Ms. Terry was cute"... and that's it. that's all i said.
The nine-year-old, Emanyea was sent home from his school last week, for two days because school district officials say his comment was inappropriate. A substitute teacher overheard the young boy talking to his friend and reported it.
Emanyea's mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the punishment does not fit the crime. "It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way. so why would he be suspended for two days?"
The district's code of conduct does not list inappropriate behavior, but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out of school suspension.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 36 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos