4th grader suspended for calling teacher cute
Officials at a North Carolina Elementary School suspended a fourth grader after he called his teacher cute.
"I was talking to my friend and I said "Ms. Terry was cute"... and that's it. that's all i said.
The nine-year-old, Emanyea was sent home from his school last week, for two days because school district officials say his comment was inappropriate. A substitute teacher overheard the young boy talking to his friend and reported it.
Emanyea's mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the punishment does not fit the crime. "It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way. so why would he be suspended for two days?"
The district's code of conduct does not list inappropriate behavior, but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out of school suspension.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 35 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks 27 min ago
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 22 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's 42 min ago