Florida cop defeats 'Darth Vader' with pepper spray
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Star Wars villain Darth Vader seemed immune to tasers and light sabers but it turns out pepper spray is his weakness.
Orlando police got an unusual call on Thursday -- a man in a Darth Vader mask being unruly. Officers say the 28-year-old man was drunk and walking in the middle of the street. When he was asked to move, he laid down in the street.
Police say when the officer approached he started to punch and kick him. The officer used a taser but that didn't work. The cop then tried pepper spray and that did the trick.
The suspect now faces felony charges of resisting arrest and battery on an officer.
florida, crimetracker, bizarre
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach