6-foot-4, 300-pound naked man steals socks from Walmart
EXTON, Pa. - February 16, 2012 -- Police arrested a man found wandering around a Walmart wearing nothing but socks, and the odd incident was all caught on camera.
In the surveillance video police say you can see Verdon Lamont Taylor stripping in the middle of the Walmart parking lot in Exton, Pennsylvania.
It happened around 5:00pm Wednesday at a busy hour.
Taylor takes off his socks and all of his clothes and then waltzes into the Walmart. The video shows shocked shoppers trying to avoid him.
"Large guy, about 6'4", 200 lbs; he is an imposing figure, and he is naked. I'm sure there were people scared in there," said Detective Scott Pezick.
Once inside, police say Taylor walked up to the customer service line where a bag of returned goods sat on the table. Taylor pulled out a pair of socks and proceeded to put them on.
"There was one employee who got a coat and followed him, which is kind of a brave thing to do," said Detective Pezick. "I think most people were startled and just tried to avoid him."
Police responded and placed the man under arrest. Taylor allegedly spit on an officer as he was taken away from Walmart on a gurney. Police had to use a Taser to subdue him.
"He wouldn't follow commands, at which point they did need to deploy a Taser, and he was taken into custody," Detective Pezick said.
Investigators don't believe Taylor suffers from any sort of mental illness. They believe he may have been under the influence of drugs.
Taylor faces one count of aggravated assault for spitting on that officer. He also faces indecent assault and other related charges.
He remained behind bars unable to post $50,000 cash bail.
caught on tape, crimetracker, bizarre, chad pradelli
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos