6-foot-4, 300-pound naked man steals socks from Walmart
EXTON, Pa. - February 16, 2012 -- Police arrested a man found wandering around a Walmart wearing nothing but socks, and the odd incident was all caught on camera.
In the surveillance video police say you can see Verdon Lamont Taylor stripping in the middle of the Walmart parking lot in Exton, Pennsylvania.
It happened around 5:00pm Wednesday at a busy hour.
Taylor takes off his socks and all of his clothes and then waltzes into the Walmart. The video shows shocked shoppers trying to avoid him.
"Large guy, about 6'4", 200 lbs; he is an imposing figure, and he is naked. I'm sure there were people scared in there," said Detective Scott Pezick.
Once inside, police say Taylor walked up to the customer service line where a bag of returned goods sat on the table. Taylor pulled out a pair of socks and proceeded to put them on.
"There was one employee who got a coat and followed him, which is kind of a brave thing to do," said Detective Pezick. "I think most people were startled and just tried to avoid him."
Police responded and placed the man under arrest. Taylor allegedly spit on an officer as he was taken away from Walmart on a gurney. Police had to use a Taser to subdue him.
"He wouldn't follow commands, at which point they did need to deploy a Taser, and he was taken into custody," Detective Pezick said.
Investigators don't believe Taylor suffers from any sort of mental illness. They believe he may have been under the influence of drugs.
Taylor faces one count of aggravated assault for spitting on that officer. He also faces indecent assault and other related charges.
He remained behind bars unable to post $50,000 cash bail.
caught on tape, crimetracker, bizarre, chad pradelli
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 54 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
53 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos