Girl, 5, left at Chuck E. Cheese after her birthday party
PEARLAND, TX -- Authorities are investigating after a little girl was left behind at her own birthday party at a Texas children's restaurant last night
The Brazoria County Sheriff's Office says a five-year-old girl was left at Chuck E. Cheese's in Pearland, near Houston, at about 10pm last night after attending her own birthday party. The girl was taken into CPS custody and detectives have now identified and interviewed her mother.
Officials say the mother has a total of 10 children. Those kids were among 19 attending the girl's birthday party. The mother apparently woke up at about 7am today to get the kids ready for school and realized the five-year-old was missing. At that point the girl's mother called 911.
Detectives have interviewed the mother, and say she is remorseful. The girl remains in CPS custody at this time. No charges have been filed.
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos