Panda poo tea: panda dung used to grow organic green tea
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A Chinese business man hopes people are willing to pay $200.00 for a cup of tea, made with a very special ingredient.
It's made from the excrement of China's national treasure -- the giant panda.
The entrepreneur plans to use the panda dung to grow organic green tea, which he collects from panda bears living at Chinese breeding centers.
The first batch will be sold in lots of 50 grams that will cost about $35 hundred each, a price that could make it the world's most expensive tea.
Profits from the initial batches will go into an environmental fund that will promote recycling and using organic fertilizers.
The tea was described as fragrant and smooth.
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy 40 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes