Panda poo tea: panda dung used to grow organic green tea
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A Chinese business man hopes people are willing to pay $200.00 for a cup of tea, made with a very special ingredient.
It's made from the excrement of China's national treasure -- the giant panda.
The entrepreneur plans to use the panda dung to grow organic green tea, which he collects from panda bears living at Chinese breeding centers.
The first batch will be sold in lots of 50 grams that will cost about $35 hundred each, a price that could make it the world's most expensive tea.
Profits from the initial batches will go into an environmental fund that will promote recycling and using organic fertilizers.
The tea was described as fragrant and smooth.
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl 52 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona