Survey: Most people who call in sick, are actually sick
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new survey may have an answer to a question that pervades most work places: Are employees really sick when they call in sick?
The survey shows 84 percent of all employees who call in sick really are battling an illness, or caring for a sick child.
The TheFit.com survey says 16 percent admitted to taking a mental health day when they were actually suffering from a hangover or looking for another job.
The survey also shows men are more likely to lie about being sick than women.
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos