Two arrested for allegedly serving children alcohol in RI
East Providence, RI (KFSN) -- Two people in Rhode Island are facing charges after police say they let a group of underage children drink alcohol at a party. Police say one of the children was 6-years-old.
A teenager's birthday party an apartment on Sunday landed two adults behind bars. East Providence Police arrested Heather Picozzi and Shane Cole for allegedly serving alcohol to minors.
Police tell eye-witness news at least six children, ranging in age from 6-to-15 consumed alcohol at the party. "Two were passed out and were brought to the hospital, and the 6-year-old was taken just as a precaution because she mentioned that alcohol was in her mouth. We don't know the extent...if she ingested it or if she had spit it out or just tasted it."
Police said they were alerted to the underage drinking party after a parent went in search of his 13-year-old daughter who he had allowed to go to the birthday party. "He wasn't getting any response on her cell phone after about two hours of calling her and text messaging her, so he went to the house to see if she was okay. He was met at the door by an adult who said that she was passed out upstairs from drinking alcohol."
Police say that 13-year-old brought her own bottle of vodka to the party. We're also told Heather Picozzi allegedly supplied a bottle of vodka for the minors.
Children living at the home are now in the custody of state officials. Cole and Picozzi are both due back in court on June 4th.
rhode island, bizarre
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos