Person falls out of SUV during chase in Texas
HOUSTON -- Police have arrested a suspect who led them on a wild car chase in the Clear Lake area Friday afternoon.
The chase started around 4pm on I-45 near NASA Parkway, as police pursued a red SUV without license plates.
SkyEye HD captured a passenger falling out of the SUV after it lost control and smashed into a guardrail on I-45 near Fuqua. A police car following careened into the same ditch immediately after.
The driver kept driving, and got back onto the northbound lanes of the Gulf Freeway -- even with the front passenger door open. The suspect was driving erratically all over the highway, swerving in and out among cars on the freeway.
The driver sideswiped another car on the middle lane of I-45 as it approached the Woodridge exit. He took that exit and turned into a side street that led into a residential area just south of downtown Houston.
The suspect eventually jumped out of the SUV as it was still going on the residential side street and started running. However, officers immediately tackled him and handcuffed him.
We tried to talk the suspect as he was being searched for weapons by officers but he refused to answer any of our questions. He appeared to be a little scraped up but otherwise OK.
The condition of the person who fell out of the moving SUV wasn't immediately known, but TranStar cameras showed emergency personnel tending to the victim who was transported via ambulance to an area hospital.
The pursuit began after a security guard at a Walmart noticed a suspicious person possibly trying to break into a vehicle.
No other details were immediately available.
caught on tape, crimetracker, bizarre
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos