One Million Moms group targets JCPenney for same-sex ad
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A conservative mothers group is attacking JCPenney for its new Mother's Day ad that features a lesbian couple with their two daughters.
The group One Million Moms is calling for a boycott of the retailer. They claim the company is quote taking sides in an ongoing cultural war.
One Million Moms complained earlier this year, after JCPenney named Ellen DeGeneres, an openly gay celebrity, their spokeswoman. Last month. The group called for her removal, but JCPenney said it would stand behind its partnership with the comedian.
The group also targeted Urban Outfitters for a same-sex kiss in one of its catalogues.
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes