Daniel Tiffany breaks tattoo world record in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A tattoo artist from Northern California is trying to break a world record for the longest single tattoo session by a tattoo artist. Daniel Tiffany started the effort Friday at the Tattoo Expo in Downtown Fresno. He says the lack of sleep is the toughest challenge in the endeavor.
"We got up Friday morning at about 5 o'clock, and I haven't slept since. I've been tattooing since 1:30 on Friday," said Tiffany.
A Winton man is also playing a role in the world record attempt. On Friday, John Pennycuff had just six small tattoos. Now, he estimates about a quarter of his body is covered.
The two men broke the record of 48 hours, 26 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but they're trying to make it to 51 hours, 50 minutes. They say they don't want to just break the record, they want to destroy it.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, winton, atwater, livingston, merced county, bizarre
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76