Daniel Tiffany breaks tattoo world record in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A tattoo artist from Northern California is trying to break a world record for the longest single tattoo session by a tattoo artist. Daniel Tiffany started the effort Friday at the Tattoo Expo in Downtown Fresno. He says the lack of sleep is the toughest challenge in the endeavor.
"We got up Friday morning at about 5 o'clock, and I haven't slept since. I've been tattooing since 1:30 on Friday," said Tiffany.
A Winton man is also playing a role in the world record attempt. On Friday, John Pennycuff had just six small tattoos. Now, he estimates about a quarter of his body is covered.
The two men broke the record of 48 hours, 26 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but they're trying to make it to 51 hours, 50 minutes. They say they don't want to just break the record, they want to destroy it.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, winton, atwater, livingston, merced county, bizarre
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident