Daniel Tiffany breaks tattoo world record in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A tattoo artist from Northern California is trying to break a world record for the longest single tattoo session by a tattoo artist. Daniel Tiffany started the effort Friday at the Tattoo Expo in Downtown Fresno. He says the lack of sleep is the toughest challenge in the endeavor.
"We got up Friday morning at about 5 o'clock, and I haven't slept since. I've been tattooing since 1:30 on Friday," said Tiffany.
A Winton man is also playing a role in the world record attempt. On Friday, John Pennycuff had just six small tattoos. Now, he estimates about a quarter of his body is covered.
The two men broke the record of 48 hours, 26 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but they're trying to make it to 51 hours, 50 minutes. They say they don't want to just break the record, they want to destroy it.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, winton, atwater, livingston, merced county, bizarre
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 52 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times