Daniel Tiffany breaks tattoo world record in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A world record breaking attempt in downtown Fresno continued Sunday afternoon, and after two days of tattooing, a so-called human canvas is feeling the pain.
A tattoo artist from Northern California is trying to break a world record for the longest single tattoo session by a tattoo artist. Daniel Tiffany started the effort Friday at the Tattoo Expo in Downtown Fresno. He says the lack of sleep is the toughest challenge in the endeavor.
"We got up Friday morning at about 5 o'clock, and I haven't slept since. I've been tattooing since 1:30 on Friday," said Tiffany.
A Winton man is also playing a role in the world record attempt. On Friday, John Pennycuff had just six small tattoos. Now, he estimates about a quarter of his body is covered.
The two men broke the record of 48 hours, 26 minutes on Sunday afternoon, but they're trying to make it to 51 hours, 50 minutes. They say they don't want to just break the record, they want to destroy it.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, winton, atwater, livingston, merced county, bizarre
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals