1 in 5 admit to urinating in pools
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Your worst fears about the community swimming pool may be true.
A recent survey conducted by the water quality and health council found one in five Americans admit to using a public pool to urinate --and seven in ten confessed to skipping a shower before going for a swim.
According to the CDC, a pre-swim shower removes sweat and other dirt that could mix with chlorine to create irritants in pool water. They suggest checking for proper PH and making sure to check for proper chlorine levels.
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop 11 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect