Discarded wrappers used to track snack thieves
LA MESA, Calif. -- Police say they followed a trail of discarded wrappers to track down four people who allegedly burglarized a Little League snack bar.
La Mesa Police Sgt. Colin Atwood tells U-T San Diego that police were called late Thursday night about a lot of noise at the Rolando Little League snack bar in Rolando Park.
Atwood says officers followed empty cookie, chip and Cheetos packages for about two blocks to a home where more snacks were found in a car.
Atwood says one man, two women and a girl were arrested for investigation of burglary. The girl was taken to Juvenile Hall.
Inside their home, Atwood says officers found more Little League property, including a cash register.
La Mesa is about 10 miles northeast of San Diego.
Information from: U-T San Diego, http://www.utsandiego.com
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State president 30 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma