Chaperone tricks kids into eating moose poop
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Parents at a school in Canada are furious after learning about a dangerous practical joke played on two students.
The mother of a 13-year-old at a junior high school says her son and one of his classmates were offered chocolate covered almonds by a chaperone on the trip. She says after he took a bite, someone told him he in fact ate moose droppings, and everyone laughed at him: including a school principal and a teacher.
Karen Eyolfson said, "How then can the kids return to the school having the same leadership, the same counselor, the same homeroom teacher? If somebody is bullying them about the issue, then who are they going to go to, the ones that actually did the bullying?"
Since the incident happened, Cole has been put on antibiotics by his family doctor due to concerns of bacteria in the feces he ate, and in the lake water the boy used to wash his mouth out.
A school board meeting will be held later this month to discuss the incident. Until then, Cole's mother says she needs more than an apology from the adults involved, in order to move on.
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos