So, Who's Your Daddy? Get DNA tests to go
In New York City getting a quick DNA test is now as easy as walking up to a truck.
The "Who's Your Daddy" recreational vehicle is selling DNA tests, mostly to fathers who suspect their children may not actually be theirs.
"They flag us down, they pull us over, they talk to us," owner and operator Jared Rosenthal said Wednesday. "Sometimes, because of the nature of the services, they want to be a little more discreet about it, but they do come or they'll call the number."
In this business, Rosenthal said he deals with all kinds of crazy situations all day, every day. For example, the test helped a 44-year-old Harlem man find his long lost 20-year-old daughter.
Rosenthal maintained that his credentials are legitimate and that his business is legal. In fact, he said he believes he is providing an essential service.
As you might imagine, wherever Rosenthal's truck goes it attracts attention. Reactions range from people saying 'How could he?' to others who saying 'Why didn't I think of that?' Rosenthal said he takes it all in stride.
The DNA tests, which cost between $299 and $575, require a simple cheek swab from each participant. Results are available in a couple of days.
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos